Santa Rosa Hall
- Both are two-story halls with rooms that open onto interior hallways
- Large, communal bathrooms for separate genders on each hallway (approx. 15-25 rooms per bathroom)
- Bedrooms furnished with one or two single beds, desks, desk chair, small chest of drawers, and a closet (please note that some triple furniture is left in the rooms from the academic year, but not used during the summer months)
- Choice of single- or double-occupancy rooms
- Wireless interent service in rooms and common areas
- One television lounges in each building
- Rooms do not have air conditioning, telephones, televisions, radios, or clocks (we do not provide "wake-up service;" bringing an alarm clock is recommended)
- Laundry washer/dryer facilities (machines accept credit and debit cards)
- Located within a 10-15 minute walk from the conference meeting rooms and from the beach
- UCSB Is a Smoke Free Campus. Smoking and the use of smokeless tobacco or unregulated nicotine products (such as electronic cigarettes) is prohibited on and within UCSB managed property
- A courtesy telephone is available in each hall lobby for local and credit card or calling card calls. Our reception desk can also post phone messages on message boards in the hall lobby. The Conference Services 24-hour front desk will be located in Santa Rosa Residence Hall; the phone number is (805) 893-2772 if you would like to give out a phone number where messages can be left for you. Please note this number will not be activated until 06/22/19.
Registrants will be assigned to either Anacapa or Santa Rosa halls.
WHAT TO BRING
With shared bath facilities it is recommended that you bring a bathrobe, shower shoes, and a small fan. We are unable to provide "wake-up service", therefore an alarm clock is recommended for your convenience. Individual rooms do not have air conditioning, telephones, televisions, radios or clocks.
Dining commons meals are included with the accommodation packages. (See Package Options page for meals included in each package). Our Dining Services are among the top-rated among colleges and universities nationwide, with the following features:
- Assorted hot foods cooked to order
- Vegetarian, vegan, and low-fat selections available at every meal
- Extensive salad and condiment bar including fresh fruit
- Fresh baked goods prepared on-site daily
Housing & Residential Network Service
The UCSB Housing & Residential Network (ResNet) offers wireless internet service throughout the residences and common areas.
- Guests will receive network credentials and instructions at the time of check-in.
- ResNet will disable connectivity for devices that show signs of vulnerability, virus infection, or compromise.
- ResNet will disable connectivity for guests subject to a complaint of copyright infringement per the DMCA.
- Guests are advised to ensure their devices are up-to-date on patches, anti-virus definitions, and spyware-free.
- Guests are not permitted to run personal Wireless Access Points
- Information pertaining to ResNet, the DMCA, and the Acceptable Use Policy is available at www.housing.ucsb.edu/resnet/
If you register for on-campus accommodation, at the time of check-in you will recieve a complimentary permit for the duration of your stay. In your confirmation will be a web-link to a temporary 60-minute parking permit which you can print and use to check-in and unload upon arrival.
To park on campus, you must have a permit 7 days per week. Summer 2018 parking rates for visitors and conference participants staying off-campus will be $8 (for each entire weekday), or $4 (for each weekday evening only or for each weekend day).
Be very cautious of where you park. Guests are responsible for following parking rules and for any penalites. (See Campus & Area Maps)
Attendees from other UC campuses: Click for full information on UC Reciprocity visitor parking.
FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE (7:00AM-10:00PM Daily) for participants residing ON CAMPUS: 805-893-2772 (shuttle phone number not activated until 06/22/19)
You must phone upon arrival if you wish to use our free shuttle service to UCSB from the Santa Barbara Airport or from the Santa Barbara Airbus Goleta drop-off site. The shuttle will not automatically be at either location. Our pick-up location at the Santa Barbara Airport is on the island across from the entrance to the airport, near the 2nd covered bus stop. We will pick you up within 10-15 minutes of receiving your call, and you will be driven to the UCSB campus. Our shuttle operates between 7am and 10pm.
NOTE: For safety reasons, and in accordance with California's Child Passenger Safety Law, we cannot provide shuttle services for families with children who are not at least 8 years old or at least 4'9" unless the family provides its own car/booster seat. If you do not have your own car/booster seat, you will need to take a taxi.
By Air: For your convenience, we recommend making flight reservations with Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA) as your final destination. There are several daily flight arrivals connecting directly from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, Oakland, and Las Vegas. UCSB campus is a five-minute drive from the airport.
- Santa Barbara Airbus (bus shuttle service from LAX): This service provides several daily bus trips from Los Angeles International Airport to Santa Barbara. Reservations are strongly recommended: (800) 423-1618 (toll-free US/Canada), (805) 964-7759 (outside US/Canada) or www.sbairbus.com. There are discounts for advance reservations and for parties of two or more. You will get off at the GOLETA stop and you can call for our free shuttle service from there (805-893-2772).
By Train: Santa Barbara is served by Amtrak Train Service. Amtrak terminals are located in Santa Barbara (12–15 miles from campus) and Goleta (5 miles from campus).
NOTE: We do not provide free shuttle service to/from the train stations; you will need to take a taxi.
By Car: UCSB is easily accessible from US-101. (See Campus & Area Maps) Note that you can get basic directions by entering just the zip code of “93106”.
- From the South: Take US-101 northbound to the Airport/UCSB/Hwy 217 exit (appx. 8 mi. north of downtown Santa Barbara). This expressway will take you directly into campus. As you enter campus, stay in the left lane; enter the roundabout, then exit the roundabout onto Lagoon Road. Turn right at the first stop sign onto UCEN Road; Santa Rosa Hall is the second residence hall on the left side of UCEN Road. All attendees check-in at the Santa Rosa Conference Desk.
- From the North:Take US-101 southbound to the Los Carneros exit. Turn right on Los Carneros. Proceed to El Colegio Road. Turn left on El Colegio Road, proceed about one mile, and enter the UCSB campus. After entering campus, turn left at the second traffic light onto Ocean Road. Proceed on Ocean Road, make a sharp left turn at the stop sign, get in the right lane and bear right at the end of Ocean Road onto Mesa Road. Proceed into the traffic roundabout near the East Entrance of campus; exit the roundabout onto Lagoon Road. Turn right at the first stop sign onto UCEN Road; Santa Rosa Hall is the second residence hall on the left side of UCEN Road. All attendees check-in at the Santa Rosa Conference Desk.